Thursday, October 27, 2011

Minecraft


As an early Christmas present, I gave my son a membership to Minecraft.  The first night we installed it, I hacked my way into an underground cave where a spider climbed on my back and bit me to death.  From our screaming, you'd have thought real spiders were on our backs.

While my son plays daily, I only join in occasionally.  Every day, though, he gives me the update on his world, the scary monsters, and his building design plans.  It's our thing.  I love this bond with him.  Sometimes, sharing the desk, he'll play Minecraft while I work on the computer.  That way I can look up and see him try to ride a pig or watch him fly.

One day, I'm gonna wow him.  He'll log on and find the awesome house I built for him with an inventory stocked with useful materials and weapons.  Jeepers.  Did I even say that right?

Think I can pull this off?

2 comments:

  1. Taylor had been debating whether you were cool or not. After I told him that you were playing Minecraft, you are definitely in!
    -Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite surprised. Why did he even need to debate the issue? Ugh. Oh well, just tell him that we need to connect on the game so that I can sneak up from behind and kick his Minecraft-blocky tushie.

    ReplyDelete