Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Enjoying My Kid's Stories


My oldest daughter is the best storyteller. The girl has timing. She entertains me even with the mundane, so she always has me smiling. While I can't mimic her timing, I can tell you the latest story that had me laughing.

The other day, one of our cats was playing with a chipmunk. Con (as she is called), was batting around a chipmunk whose neck was slashed. She would stop and watch the chipmunk, let the chipmunk run away, and then chase it. Once she caught the chipmunk, she's begin the cycle again. Over and over our cat was terrorizing the poor little rodent. Classic 'cat and mouse.'

Meanwhile in the backyard, our less aggressive cat, Pip, was frolicking in the tall grass, swinging at butterflies. The way she pointed out the contrast of these cats cracked me up.

Like the cats, my kids personalities endear them them to me so much.

2 comments:

  1. it takes an observant teen to recognize traits like this, and then extrapolate life lessons and comparisons. she's thoughtful, and that's so cool. it's no stretch to atribute a lot of it to homeschooling, too. so far, my kids are coming home saying things like, "Actually, Mom, recycling can be pretty fun at times." *gag* Yeah....somthimes I think--public education: cranking out little parrots, who aren't getting much in the realm of critical thinking.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks for that pat on the back. And I say, if he is willing to be committed to the recycling. let him! Ha! One less job for you! Hehe

    ReplyDelete