Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shivering by the Pool

Why are we having such cool, beautiful weather? Where was that weather on the days the kids and I worked on the lawn? Now that the pool is open, I expect the humidity to warm us. Instead, I froze tonight just sitting by the water. The little girls swam around as if in warm Roman baths. Happily, they swam on their backs, spitting water from their mouths. 

Over and over they tried to convince their shivering mother to take the plunge. And over and over I kept disappointing them. I sat by the pool in my bathing suit and kept wishing I'd dressed appropriately for the weather with a wool sweater.

2 comments:

  1. It is such be a u tiful weather...I have more energy in coolness...so it's good for me. I walked up to Village West pool to see how Jon, James and Christie were doing. Shivering in the lifeguard stand, Christie is as blue as her NV shirt, watching kids swim back and forth happlily....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer is so unusually cool! It's a nice problem!

    ReplyDelete