Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Goonies


Honestly, I can't remember much of this movie, but I know I saw it as a kid. And I only saw it thanks to  my sister's best friend who lived down the street. Since her parents had cable, her dad and brother recorded every movie shown. They had bookcases full of VHS tapes.

Because of their diligence, I was able to watch The Goonies. Watching it on one of our sleepovers meant that I didn't watch the whole movie.  As usual, we started the movie late and I fell asleep.

This movie is timeless. My kids have not made one remark about how old fashioned it is. Instead, they are all in wrapped attention. They laugh, scream, and tense up at all the right times.  They love this movie.

With all of the adventures in this movie, I'm surprised they've never made an amusement ride out of it. Climbing through the tunnels under the country club? The huge water slide after the pipe organ? The huge ship after said water slide? The amusement park attractions just make themselves. My kids assure me that I'm on to something here.

While we might want to see this fun movie featured at a place like 6 Flags, the kids reaction to the movie isn't the same as mine. After this movie, my friends and I dreamed up adventures of gold that might be hidden in our neighborhood. Not so much for my kids. When asked if they would like to go on an adventure after watching this, they told me, "Naaaahhh."


No comments:

Post a Comment