Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday Part II

After the trouble of filling out the forms at Rebounderz, the kids and I were thrilled to change into our special trampoline shoes and helmets.

As soon as we entered the trampoline that is bigger than some people's first floor of their house, my 3 year old clung to my neck screaming, "I skeeeered! I skeeered!" He had no interest in jumping high, doing flips, or bouncing off the trampoline walls.  Once I did break away to do a flip into their pit of foam blocks. But if I didn't hold the little scared boy, then he was running off to the arcade. His true love was anything that required tokens, not jumping.

One of the times that I was retrieving him from the arcade was interrupted by my 11 year old son running and screaming for me. My 13 year old was hurt.

I picked up the 3 year old and ran to find her.  As soon as I saw her crying, I knew that cry. She had broken a bone.  Because she couldn't walk on that broken ankle, I picked her up and carried her to a bench where we waited for a wheelchair.

Rebounderz was prepared for handling broken bones and that is why they wouldn't let us jump without all of our paperwork on file.  That 1/2 hour of paperwork before bouncing came back to my mind.

The boy behind the wheelchair had no idea how to be gentle. He used her foot to open a door and didn't break for any bumps. Her pain was intense.

After dropping off my other kids and nephews at home where my friend watched them, we headed over to Fair Oaks hospital's ER.  A place I visit a little too often.

As far as ER visits go, this one was quick and uneventful. Seeing her xray thrilled her as she plans to show it off in Science class on Thursday. The Disney channel played reruns of Good Luck Charlie which provided some distraction for her. The nurse cut off her jeans in order to apply the splint. And two doses of morphine wasn't enough to even get a giggle or a funny hallucination out of her. See? This ER visit was textbook.

I thought for sure that I'd finally hit my statistic and was done with anything bad happening for the rest of the day.  Silly me.





2 comments: