Wednesday, February 1, 2012

These Kids Go to 11

Contrary to promises from other families that have gone before me, my older kids do not talk for the 3 year old nor do they interpret his speech or have any clue what he tries to say.

Only in the past month or so have the kids and I repeated my baby's words over and over until we figure out what his garbles sound like.

Our wee one has conditioned us get him a glass of milk when he asks for "water hunk." To him, water is a cup (like a cup of water). Hunk is how he says milk.

In his very serious voice and face, he takes his decisions seriously. When he changes his mind, he'll say, "Ochee noh," instead of saying "actually, no."

Over the past year, he's been enthusiastic for "Deego," which of course is the obnoxious television show called Go, Diego, Go!

And like Captain von Trapp's whistle, we each respond to his peculiar call for each of us. Mine is, "Agee."

He's taking his time with his speech, which is fine with me since I'm already in high demand from my others that can talk. Besides, he's a toddler. I'm constantly either following him myself or sending one of my scouts out to retrieve my wanderer.

The longer he takes to talk, the longer the volume will remain at 8 until it is turned up past 10 to 11.





2 comments: