Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Lights

Darkness each day overtakes more minutes of sunlight.  For someone like me, the lack of sunlight makes me a bid sad.  I hear that I can replace all of my light bulbs with full spectrum light bulbs.  Well, I just might do that.

In the meantime, I'm decking the house with Christmas lights.  Who needs chachkies on every shelf. Storing ornaments is enough clutter for this girl.  But, ah, Christmas lights.  Christmas lights are happy.  They make the whole house sparkle with tiny little colors.  The kids love them too.

 
I just might need to keep these lights up until Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. we love christmas lights in our house too. sometime last winter, after the holidays we done and gone, but before sunlight had returned, I did the unthinkable: i bought a $5 fake ficus tree at Goodwill. It was fairly attractive (as far as fake foliage goes) and it had (get ready for it!) it's own strings of white Christmas lights that came with it as part of the "package." I shoved that bad boy in my minivan, and thunked it's cement-bottomed goodness right down in the family room. It basically stays on perpetually. so, we gained Christmas lights year round. i love it, even if i never wanted a plant that i had to dust.

    ReplyDelete